Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer Camp


Tomorrow marks the end of my second week of water aerobics for this year. Every Summer for the last few years I have enrolled in a water exercise class at a community center a mile or so from my house (the same community center where I took tumbling classes as a kid). This center has an outdoor pool which makes the classes even more enjoyable. As soon as I got in the water for the first time Monday before last I remembered how much I love working out in the water. Without the impact of regular aerobics, water ex provides a fantastic workout with the added benefit of the resistance from moving through the water. As someone who has struggled with a bad back for years (and recently a bad knee) I appreciate having the ability to work out vigorously without being in pain doing so.

Apparently the shallow end was still too deep for this guy.

1 comment:

MamaZuzi said...

Hey I saw that same kid at Creston pool. A little creepy. I should no doubt be doing water exercise (whenever I can find the time) as my shoulder/neck often get tweaked with other kinds of exercise.