Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I Heart Skater Boys



My neighborhood, known as "that place on Sandy with all of the Asian restaurants" or "that area of town you have to move to because you can't afford to live any closer to town" is being infiltrated with a new breed of folks. Skateboarders. They have come out of the woodwork to loiter at the new skate park right next to Madison High School blocks from my house. Hundreds of them gather there daily interspersed with bmx cyclists and a few in line skaters. Normally I do not enjoy watching sports at all, it is like the idea of watching someone craft. Why not do it yourself rather than watch others do it? But the X games era of sports has changed my mind. These guys (and gals I'm proud to say) do things that I can't hardly even believe they do, much less do myself. They are amazing and I could watch them for hours.

Now Daddy's Board Shop has moved their shop from further down Sandy to a few blocks from my house as well. I'm ecstatic about it. Look out strip clubs and sexy kitty boutiques with patrons that have mudflaps with naked women on them and make room for the skater kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skaters preferred any day!! (Still miss the surfers though) I MISS CALIFORNIA BEACHES AND SUN!!!

Anonymous said...

maybe my next house should be in your 'hood ;^>