Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.


Last night when I arrived home after work there was a veggie delivery waiting for me. It had been two weeks since I saw one of those lovely boxes as last week was a bit tight financially so I skipped a shipment (thanks to my neighbor and her veggie garden and husband who isn't so fond of veggies I didn't starve thank goodness).

Maybe it was because the food is all stuff I really love (don't have to talk myself into anything this time), with the exception being plums perhaps (don't know that I don't like them, rather I think I've never had one...roll your eyes now). Maybe it was because I had just returned from the first water aerobics class of the week (it isn't just for old ladies I'll have you know). Or maybe it was because I didn't have any produce delivered for a week, but I had never been so happy to see fruit and veggies in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cherries and nectarines! I love nectarines. I'm not a huge fan of plums either. They are okay. It's the sour skin that's the issue. The inside is sweet.
Last nights meal for me included beets and beet greens, zuchini, yellow wax beans and basil all from my garden! Best part of my day!