Monday, June 04, 2007

If you are what you eat, does that mean I'm a fruit?



I am enjoying the third day of my four day weekend (took two vacation days just cuz) so I was home when my veggie delivery from Organics-To-You arrived. New this week are honeydew melon, peaches and collard greens. Thankfully I didn't get any onions this week (I've given a ton away and can only eat so many without people telling me I stink) but I did get four more zucchini (I still have several left over from last week). I can only eat so much of it (raw on salads and stir fried with other veggies and in soup). Zucchini bread is good but frankly doesn't use that much zucchini. Suggestions?

My veggie photos have become famous by the way. I shared them with the health advocate at work and she used one in her web update of the fruit and veggie challenge we did for the month of May. The photo wasn't credited to me however, so I'm not famous, just my photo.

5 comments:

kbeeps said...

If you shred your zucchini and freeze it in, oh, two cup portions or so, then you can use it later in zucchini bread, or put it in spaghetti sauce (yum), or whatever else you want to do with shredded zucchini...

Anonymous said...

Again I'm all about the roasting. Toss sliced zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and lay it on a cookie sheet and bake that stuff!
Are you loving the apricots?

Anonymous said...

We saute onion, garlic and tomatoe in olive oil. When they are soft, we add sliced zucs, frozen corn and cover it with cheese. Cover and let steam until the zucs are soft but not mushy. You could use your cheese. We use this as a side dish to tostadas or tacos and also eat it with spanish rice. All doable for you. :)

The Alt Martha said...

I like your ideas Karen...think that is the best solution for me. I'm so tired of eating them cooked I can't fathom eating another.

Nope T--not loving the apricots. I don't think were ripe but I don't know when they are and when they aren't. I need a "Fruit for Dummies" book.

Anonymous said...

I never liked them dried, apricots I mean, but I like them fresh. They should be soft to the touch, like a peach or avocado.