Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tis the season.

During a presentation yesterday our company CFO referred to this as "the cold season where we decorate with things that make us happy" in a mocking reference to the world of PCness. It was hysterical. Well, that season is indeed here and I have drug out all the 70's style plastic santas and my pathetic dollar tree Charlie Brown inspired Christmas tree in preparation for my party this weekend. I have sent out the invites already so if you haven't received one it is due to me either not having your mailing address (I did it snail mail style) or because I didn't think you were into crafting and therefore assumed you wouldn't want to do a gift exchange of handmade items. If I was wrong, by all means let me know and you will be invited. If you still haven't opened the gift box thinking it was actually a gift (um, not to mention names but uh, Ned) than you also might want to get around to that. I don't ask a lot of you all but throwing me a bone and coming to a party once or twice a year won't kill you. You not coming to the party might not have the same effect. Just so you know. No pressure though really. Really.

2 comments:

Marc Johnson said...

Glad to hear your boss is sticking his tongue out at all those politically correct pains out there. I really hope this PC crap goes away soon. It's Christmas. Doesn't matter what your faith is. Christmas has become non-secular and I think that's a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could teleport up there for the party. There will be cookies people!