Sunday, December 24, 2006

Mmmm.

As any of you who have ever lived with me know, I'm not exactly a cook. I don't enjoy it nor am I good at it. Despite that I do have a few recipes that I've perfected over the years. One I made this morning and have decided to share with you.

These are super easy to make and loved by vegans and non vegans alike so don't fret. I started with an original recipe given to me by the mother (R.I.P. Karol Ann) of an old boyfriend many years ago. I veganized it and morphed it a bit here and there and so I feel comfortable now passing it along as my own. Enjoy.

Vegan Banana Bread Muffins

Mix 1/3 cup vegan margarine, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 mashed overly ripe bananas together. Add 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 tsp. of salt to the above mixture just enough to mix together the ingredients. Modifications I've tried are adding a 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries or chocolate chips or the combo of chocolate chips, maraschino cherries and walnuts.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes and share with friends, family, coworkers or the dog (as long as there isn't chocolate in it).

No comments: