Thursday, December 28, 2006

So I've noticed in the natural food stores (as opposed to the non-natural food stores) that they sell vegetarian fed cows (read beef) and I've seen television commercials advertising eggs from vegetarian chickens. Well it strikes me as just a bit hypocritical to say that meat raised vegetarian is healthier to eat and then not actually adopt a vegetarian diet yourself. What's up with that? Now it appears that the food we eat impacts fish. Duh, right? I mean it makes sense but I don't exactly sit around thinking about it much. I have made a snide remark more than once in my life that I find it ironic people think fish is such a healthy part of a diet considering all the outflow of fuel and crap from jet skis, boats, tankers, etc. that pollute the very world the fish exist in. As this link points out maybe even the frickin' spices in our cookies impact fish (or at least has the potential to). I suppose they'll use this as an excuse to put fish in laboratories and add certain accruetrements to the water in the tanks to see which additive effects the fish and how. If you ask me people are the ones they should be experimenting on. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061227/ap_on_sc/cinnamon_sound

No comments: