Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh, I have so had enough.


I'll admit to the fact that I watched American Idol last night (in my defense it was the first time this season watching it all the way through and I got off of work yesterday at 2 p.m. so by 8 p.m. I had already accomplished two loads of laundry and listing a dozen items on eBay). Frankly it was Jon Bon Jovi night so all the contestants (ah, I mean, pop culture drones) performed (or at least attempted) rocker style and I enjoyed listening to them. In case you are a fan of the show, my opinion is that Blake knocked it out of the park! I'd do that guy in a second baby! Frickin' awesome performance. But my real point in bringing this up is that the other special guests on the show (via satellite anyhow) were none other than George and Laura Bush joking around about whether or not he should sing and thanking the American public for helping to raise 70 million dollars for Bono's chosen charity project . As if stupid ass Bush had anything to do with it? That guy has got a lot of nerve. Perhaps if he wasn't out spending all of our tax money on war and killing people and stuff then people like me wouldn't be so burned out thinking about the state of our country and would therefore have more energy to do something with our evenings rather than watch a stupid show on tv where the president sticks his nose into something he has nothing to do with. It felt so much like 1984 I couldn't stand it. As if I wasn't embarrassed enough watching AI already, he came on. I had to hide my head under the covers.

1 comment:

kbeeps said...

I can't fathom the fact that there are people out there who HAVEN'T had enough. It's mind-boggling to me. And yet I know these people exist, I've talked to them.