Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day

My boss is letting us leave work early today so that we can get home before the May Day protest begins. Jobs with Justice is estimating 10,000-45,000 people will gather in downtown Portland in solidarity for labor, dignity and equality. A memo was sent out to the entire Portland staff at our company so that folks could prepare. I like to think it is so we can leave to protest but I know that isn't the real reason.

People are afraid of activists. I don't get that exactly because revolutionaries aren't scary to me, just the cops that try to restrict their freedoms.

Regardless, on this day of solidarity I offer you comic relief. Cows with Guns has been an animal rights tradition for many years and now there is a video that even omnivores can appreciate.

No comments: