Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Long time no blog.

Yep, I haven't written in awhile. Frankly I just haven't been in the mood. So, just to keep your attention I figured I'd take the last few minutes of my break at work to update some stuff.

Barry White, the stray cat has been making several daily visits, is eating about 1.5 cans of expensive organic cat food a day, starting to "talk" to me a bit but his voice doesn't really let meows out very well (I suspect he is out of the habit of doing much other than hissing). He looks as thin and scruffy as I've ever seen a cat look. I'm a bit taxed money wise but once I have the funds he'll be going in as I doubt he'll make it through the winter without an intervention.

The torso mannequin or whatever it was on my neighbor's porch that spooked me so much has never appeared again so I don't know the answer to that mystery. I did however see a person at the neighborhood park the other day who was quite petite and the only limb she had was one leg which made me wonder...

I believe I've only eaten out twice since my last vegan disappointment. One was at an entirely vegetarian restaurant where I asked about each item on my plate specifically and the second was at Baja Fresh where I feel relatively confident their ingredients are as they state. By the way, a rice/beans plate with a side of Pronto guacamole will get you way more food then you need for under $4!

My friend Darren is still in the Sheridan Federal Detention Center waiting to be "classified" and moved to his final destination (of which is still a mystery). He can't have any visitors other than family (who all live in Canada) but his spirits are pretty high because he now has a full size toothbrush, a full size pencil, an ink pen, shoes other than plastic slippers, cotton gym shorts, etc. These are all things he has gone without since December 2005 when he was first arrested. Interestingly enough he is also locked in a cell 23 hours of the day with one of his co-accused, a guy that he has known for 12 years. Jails, they are mean and they are strangely generous. Go figure.

Well, my break is over. I'll see about a real post, real soon.

No comments: