Friday, July 06, 2007

His and Hers




Several of you have asked for an update about Barry White, the stray cat I've tried to befriend and catch to take him to the vet. No luck. I failed catching him one afternoon (3 times) and now he really won't let me get near him. Last night I came home and he was on my back deck and let me walk around him and he even sort of meows at me (not a whole lot comes out) but I have had to begin the process of gaining his trust all over again.

He is really skinny but I don't know how much of that is years without proper food, worms or other health issues or just "old cat body." As many of you no doubt know, when cats age they eventually slim down naturally, sometimes to such a state that it can be quite noticeable. My cat Max for instance (who is 15 years old) is really quite bony (not very pleasant to pet) but he is so fluffy you hardly notice it without touching him.

The plan with Barry White now is to contact the Feral Cat Coalition and borrow a trap that is spring loaded so I don't even have to be present. FCC's resources are precious so I am hoping to not to have to resort to them for the medical procedures (they are pretty much a spay/neuter/release program anyhow), but their advice regarding catching Mr. Barry White I am sure will be valuable.

No comments: