Saturday, January 27, 2007



So it's California or bust for me in a few weeks to visit my dearest but not nearest friend Teagen (insert the O.C. theme song by Phantom Planet here...which coincidentally I'm listening to at this very moment. Well, not that song per se, actually the fourth as California is the first track on the "The Guest" disc which is worth way more than the $1.00 I paid for it at Goodwill). "Yeah, this world needs an anthem and I hopin' the whole world will sing along."

It's another out of state trip (yay for not being so poor any longer) and I might be visiting you and the lovely city of Austin, Maggie (the same for B.C. and you Greg), in March, if work allows it AND if I can find a dog sitter. Which brings me to today's point.

Twinky, the wonder corgi, needs a sitter for a few days in February. The lucky person can either stay at my famously decorated house or take her to theirs. She is super sweet and is sure to delight friends, family members, the postal carrier, other pets, etc. She is pretty good about telling you when she needs to go out and extremely well practiced in telling you when she is hungry or wants to go for a walk. She only weighs 22 pounds so she doesn't take up much space in the bed either. Let me know if you or someone you know might be interested. I promise to be generous to the citizen willing to do a good deed. I did a ton of pet sitting in my 20's but apparently despite my efforts, my karma with that kinda thing isn't very good.

5 comments:

MamaZuzi said...

Adorable dog. If I didn't have enough trouble handling my 2 young children, husband and scaredy-cat labrador retriever (the cat doesn't give me much trouble), I'd help in a second.

Carley said...

Elaine let me know, you know i will help you out....Just have to make sure Brody and Twinkie can hang...

Teagen said...

10 more days! it was in the 70's today!

MamaZuzi said...

Hope you found someone to watch your cute dog. Wish I was going to California... enjoy.

The Alt Martha said...

Thanks folks...my dad is reluctantly taking on the duty. I have a continual need though so if you know anyone let me know.