Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Peeps Research

So Easter has come and gone and I nearly forgot. As an atheist vegan, Easter doesn't hold a lot of appeal for me. I like rabbits (and chicks) but don't like that many people buy them for their kids this time of year and I can't eat most of the candy either. The one thing I like about Easter though is memory of Peeps. Some of the best sites I have ever found on the internet are ones related to Peeps. There used to be one called "Peeps gone bad" which had Peeps hijacking a pink plastic Corvette leaving Barbie and Ken behind. That same website had a story about Godzilla versus a Block of Tofu that doesn't seem to be available anymore either. My favorite Peeps product this year (known by observation from looking at the shelves...I can't eat them because they aren't even vegetarian, much less vegan) and what I believe to be a brilliant marketing technique is the "Paint Your Own Peeps" which come in white and have food coloring kits inside to decorate them as you wish. I can just imagine craft circles decorating their marshmallow candies in intricate fashion, similar to one particularly graphic evening I had with roommates years ago while frosting snowman cookies.

So in spirit of the holiday I offer you this link. This website has been tested on Peeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

click here for

Peeps for Passover : 10 Plagues

The Alt Martha said...

Oh my God!! Funniest thing EVER! Must quit job now and make art...