Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My dog is a buckethead.


Poor Twinky the kid. She has an eye injury that won't heal. I'm told it's a problem Corgis have. I guess if they can't break their leg (hard to break something you don't have) they have to have some sort of issue. This afternoon I took her to a veterinary optometrist who numbed her eye, used a metal clip to hold her eye open (reminiscent of A Clockwork Orange), peeled off a layer of tissue with a swab, stabbed her eye over and over again with a needle (theory being that the divots would give the new cells something to hold onto) and now she has to wear her E-collar for the next ten days. She acted like a doll, I was a squeamish wreck.

Such a good pup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH wow, her eye didn't even look bad on Saturday. I can clearly see it now. Poor girl and she is a sweetie. I would be totally ooked out too. Not my strong point. I hope she gets better soon. Give her a hug for me.

Carley said...

ahhh poor twinkameier... She will get better soon, she is a tough dog. lots of love to both...