Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oops. Ouch. Dang.


Well, I just cut my hand...it feels pretty bad but coulda been a lot worse. I was digging around in my basement looking for a 10 key calculator that I could take to work. In a brainiac moment I pulled a very large and very heavy box down off the shelf full well knowing that I didn't have a landing destination for it. I half heartedly put my left hand underneath the box and when I caught the box the force of it pushed my hand down really hard on top of rusty metal snowman sign. Now I have an inch and a half gash across the top of my hand and it hurts like crap. But I realized almost instantly that it could have been way, way worse and I could be sitting at the emergency room getting stitches rather than whining on my blog.

Now I'm at that point when you cut or burn yourself and you have to decide if it is going to be too painful to get into the shower. I'll have to check my hair again in the mirror to decide.

And after all that I still didn't find my adding machine. So much for doing a good deed (I was gonna loan it to a co-worker).

Since my photography skills are not what they should/could be I can't photograph my hand so instead I have attached the cutest picture ever of Corgi girl Twinky lately. She was laying on my bed unattended and after thoroughly cleaning out my take out salad container decided to take a comfy snooze on top of the pillows. Cutie patootie!

2 comments:

kbeeps said...

Ooh, ouch. Sorry. You up to date on your tetanus shot?

Teagen said...

I can't believe i ate the whole thing!

I cut my self last night cleaning behind my sink fucet, there was a shard of glass! It's alarming when blood starts coming out!