Monday, February 26, 2007

Ouch.


I'm in the process of buying a new car, so I spent a few hours yesterday preparing my old Honda Civic to be sold. As I was arriving home after washing it, it started to rain (that always happens). It was also just about too dark to take pictures and I wanted to get a pic of the car before it rained too hard and the car no longer looked clean. Therefore I ran in the house, grabbed my digital camera and ran back out the front door, down the walkway to the edge of the driveway where there was a large puddle. I jumped over the puddle and landed on my left leg which has a knee that has been giving me trouble of late. Well, it buckled and I totally bit it, landing on the cement in the street. I know it is mid February and they are predicting snow but for whatever reason I was wearing shorts. When I fell I had my camera in my hand (turned on so the lens was out) and after smashing it into the ground I was amazed to find out it didn't break (maybe that extended warranty wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all, ha ha). Well, I didn't fare as well as my camera. My knees hurt like Hell and it is a little hard to walk and very hard to sit down. Consequently I have stayed home from work today (after bragging to my boss last week that I hadn't used a sick day in the 8 months I've worked there). In all fairness it wasn't just the animals that kept me awake last night (see post below). It is hard to comfortably be under covers when your knees are smashed. Happy Monday.

4 comments:

kbeeps said...

Ouch! That looks painful! Glad your camera was ok, though.

You know, that's TOTALLY something I, the world's biggest klutz, would do. Repeatedly. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man. That looks likt it stings-
A LOT!!! Take care of yourself today and relax.

MamaZuzi said...

Ahhh SO something I would do. I broke my toe once cause I kicked a paint can with my foot! Sure that doesn't take the pain away but realize you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Whoah! That smarts! Elaine, really. Shorts in winter? Hmm. I'd have been out there in my bathrobe and slippers :)