Wednesday, February 21, 2007

California, there and back!









So I know you are all anxiously awaiting the update on my trip to San Diego to visit my friend Teagen. Here are the highlights:

Mid 70's, short sleeves, wishing I had brought shorts and flip flops, estate sale (ceramic Corgi and Siamese cat family), garage sale (books and glass paper weight), swap meet (large, heavy, old set of metal letter dies, DVDs, miniature dishes, new in package Ikea drawer pulls), drive thru vegan BBQ Bacon Burger, fries and chicken tenders, vegan black forest strudel, biscuits and gravy, vegan fish tacos with tarter sauce, spinach empanadas, home cooked roasted veggie squares, 6 foot tall Poinsettias, shabby chic bedding consulting, broccoli eating big dogs, evasive cat, a mouse in the house, Valentine's presents, vegan thrift store (CDs, books), vegan retail store (shoes, candy, vegan marshmallows, baked Tings,lip gloss), discount grocery store (cheap vegan jerky and sex lube), mail art making and mailing, ATC viewing, apartment shopping for Teagen, touring Old Town, house sitting where the ugliest cute dog Sammy lives, trying to pack everything I bought into a duffle bag plus a messenger bag, and the dreaded layover coupled with a delayed flight that made for a 7.5 hour journey home to torrential downpours.

A great trip. Yes, I shopped a lot. That is what Teagen, her mom and I do. Hunters of thrift. And eat. Due to being denied so much I find that most vegans are obsessed with food. I'm interested in the fact that Portland has such a great vegan reputation. Frankly I think San Diego kicks Portland's vegan ass!

1 comment:

Teagen said...

It was a super time! Next time we'll go to more thrift stores and the vegan places we skipped like the raw places or the place with the torpasta sandwich (like a torpedo roll stuffed with speghetti and not-meat balls) I'm glad we're vegan approved! Still apartment hunting...