Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'd rather be rummaging.


My friend Norma is always bugging me to post pictures of things I buy at Goodwill on my blog. Part of me likes the idea but another part likes the secrecy of not exposing the trinkets. Partly I suppose because some of the items I buy are intended as a future gift, but mostly it is probably because I fear people will think I'm nuts. Since I am not supposed to be driving for yet another month I haven't been able to do my weekly gleaning sessions. This has meant I spend much more of my weekends at home tinkering around with miscellaneous projects rather than out finding more stuff to potentially craft with. Well Norma took pity on me the weekend before last and chauffeured me to as-is. This is a photo of what I purchased. A large piece of oil cloth (a crafters dream these days) of which I have plans for but cannot divulge here, a vintage net Xmas stocking (these are so fun to stuff with little gifts for friends), a discarded old embroidered cloth of the U.S. (this will no doubt make it's way into a pillow cover at some point), a brand new rope dog toy with tag (this one has already been put to use extensively...quite popular with the corgi), 6 Celtic rubber stamps, a cow rubber stamp, 2 brand new packages of Post-It notes (I have a tendency to take salvaged office supplies to work rather than use new bought ones), an unopened package of crystal cat eyes (these I'll probably pass on to a friend who makes things that need eyes more than I do), a blue silvery lipstick holder to hold my Merry Hempsters vegan lip balm, a package of never opened ribbon, 5 gel pens, 1 perfectly new black Sharpie (one of my favorite finds), several sheets of craft paper, several envelopes with a cute logo on them (I have a huge box full of envelopes if you ever need some), a collection of ephemera for collage purposes, a random collection of beads and googly eyes for crafts, a few old calendar pages with pictures of Corgi's to use in Twinky's scrapbook, a mini version of Erotica Universalis with some pretty naughty pictures if I do say so myself, an industrial tape dispenser (these are gold to hard core eBayers), a piece of rock painted to look like a gold nugget and a large 1940's photograph of a convention. All of this for $6.52.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not nuts. You are so stinking gifted in this area that I aspire to be like you when I grow up. I did not take pity on you by going to as-is. I love that you introduced me to a better way of life. Opened my eyes and showed me value in what I would have previously overlooked.

I didn't know you bought that little naughty book. Too funny. Don't you wonder what the person is like who drew those pictures? Let's go back soon and I promise, this time I'll craft something instead of being a fattened blob. :)