Saturday, October 13, 2007

I Heart Goodwill



I'm a slut for organizers, containers, most storage paraphernalia. In fact I finally have more organizers than I have things to organize but that doesn't keep me from picking up a good deal when I find one. Hence the two new additions for the craft room. The first is a rolling cart that after a little bath is just like new. I only paid $3.00 for it rather than $19.99 or whatever the original owner paid for it. The second addition is the little three drawer matching unit I have placed above it. That was purchased for $2.00 making the entire set $5.00 when retail would have been over five times that much. They have already been put into play serving as a caddy for my tape assortment, ribbons/strings/laces, glue sticks and such (yes, I have an entire drawer of salvaged glue sticks), adhesives, paints and miscellaneous items such as vintage photographs, Shrinky Dinks and origami paper.

The key to successful artwork is having everything right at hand. Plus it looks cool. Or at least it looks cool to an organizer.

Apparently I'm not the only Yaris fan that likes Goodwill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Yaris picture is too funny! Looks like a mirror.
I had good luck today also, buying a white 2 level shoe shelf at a rummage sale for two bucks.

Unknown said...

guess what?! my new house is 4 blocks from Goodwill. you must come by and bring me along one weekend, k? Yay!