Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Now what do I do?


Tonight was one of those nights where you go up and down in a matter of minutes (although in this case it was down then up).

I came home to a package from UPS containing a pair of shoes that I found for less than half retail on overstock.com. Turns out they weren't the color I thought they were gonna be though (and the color I really want isn't available). Sad, very sad.

But then my luck changed. Remember the feral cat, Barry White, I have been befriending for months? Well, each day I've been reaching out trying to pet him every time I give him food. Tonight he actually let me kind of do it then he turned around and looked at me. Seconds later he walked over to me and rubbed on my leg. Within minutes I was petting him from ears to tail, rubbing his bony sides and giving little scratches to his head. He began to purr and then marched up and down. I nearly had a heart attack. I was in so much shock I couldn't hardly believe it was happening. Something just clicked in him apparently and he recognized me for the cat sap that I am.

So, be careful what you ask for because now I have a filthy dirty unneutered male cat with an abscessed mouth, mite ridden ears and puss filled eyes that wants to come into my house.

3 comments:

kbeeps said...

Aw, I'm glad he finally came around! Poor thing - hopefully he'll let you take him to a vet soon?

Norma said...

Love the last paragraph. Too funny. I'm glad he's getting the love and affection he's been without for so long though. Way to go Elaine. You're a sweetie.

Teagen said...

That is so sweet, just a little act of trust and tenderness and life is good. Sooo cute....