Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm Back


I am back in Blogland. Took a bit of a break unintentually. I'd like to say it had something to do with me accomplishing some great task but the truth probably has more to do with my obsession of maximizing the value of my newly upgraded Netflix account (unlimited rentals one at a time for $9.99/month). This was my first month with this arrangement and I managed to get 6 separate tapes which is pretty darn cheap. While most people would be horrified losing that much time in their lives to the first two seasons of Dawson's Creek, I take pride in being able to juice my ten bucks as far as possible. Plus, each disc has nearly 5 hours of footage, over double what a crappy movie provides. And to think I only have three seasons left to go!

Other than hibernating in front of the 27" light every evening (after putting in a long, not too eventful day at work) nothing much is new, which might have something to do with the absence of blog posts here. From time to time I have these thoughts that I think are blog worthy (the fact that the Chinese are raising tigers in a factory farm type scenario to make them into wine for instance, or the fact that one of the saddest sights ever is to see the tears of a three year old child leaving a jail after visiting his father or a lessor depressing notation on the fact that I was an absolute green marketing ad today wearing organic/recycled/hemp shoes, recycled seat belt-belt, salvaged bike spoke bracelets and salvaged cocktail fork ring) but none so much that I have gotten around to writing about them. I am working on the art of living in the grey. That isn't as easy as it seems for me. I am much more familiar with black and white, drama, catastrophe and strife than I am merely living, going with the flow, relaxing. Sometimes I overhear a conversation on the bus with folks talking about having to attend this meeting and that meeting and how busy they are and for a moment I think I'm wasting my life away and then I remember how I spent years and years of my life spending every waking minute working to save the world, pay the rent, care for an animal, anything to avoid stopping and breathing. So that is what I am doing now. I'm practicing the art of just being. I'll leave the drama to the cast of D.'s Creek.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta luv young Pacey ;^>

MamaZuzi said...

Glad you are back. Gosh knows I need something else to read in the mornings when I wake up with my coffee. Sad to say I've never seen any Dawson's Creek but I'll happily watch an entire season of Mad About You or Golden Girls!

kbeeps said...

As someone who has taken full advantage of my Blockbuster.com membership to watch ever episode of 21 Jump Street ever made, I'm certainly not going to say ANYTHING about Dawson's Creek!

I did love that show, too...I should get those and watch them too!